Monday, October 20, 2008

Ramen Noodles, Anyone?


Ramen noodles...nothing new, right? We all eat them - especially when we're lacking time and/or money. I ate my fair share in a cup in high school and college, and so I wasn't surprised to hear them talked about time and time again.

What I wasn't prepared for, however, was the borderline obsession with them and a variety of other noodles. Ramen isn't just ramen...I've been to the museum and learned about the different broths and noodle varieties. They vary by region and there are ramen restaurants all over. For me, ramen has always been an old standby - but never have I been preparing to go out with friends for dinner and thought...I'm really in the mood for a big bowl of ramen tonight...go figure!

1 comment:

Mom said...

It's all about perspective, right? I love this post and the picture. You have a wonderful way with words. Keep having fun!!