Monday, December 15, 2008

Visit the Tokyo Tower







During the week that my mother and godmother came to visit, we visited several notable Tokyo sights. After a day of viewing shrines and tasting the local cuisine, we took a quick walk over to the Tokyo Tower. I'm fortunate that it's walking distance from my office and only two stops away from where I live on the train. I'd been there once before with co-workers, but hadn't actually gone up in the tower...only seen it from a distance. Tokyo Tower is celebrating it's 50th birthday and is actually even taller than the Eiffel Tower. I knew this and told my mother and godmother, but they didn't believe it. For those who still have doubts, look it up at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Tower.
I was pretty excited about the visit, and in spite of a slight fear of heights ready to climb up and view Tokyo from another vantage point. My companions, however, did not share my enthusiasm. They preferred, instead to view Tokyo Tower from the ground. Whether or not you decide to go up in the tower, the area surrounding it is quite nice. A small shrine a beautiful park surround the grounds and I've heard that the Tokyo Tower won't exist much longer...so definitely...make a stop by to see it....

2 comments:

m.alexandra said...

The 'look down windows' look incredible. Nice blog! Enjoy your time there. I hope to see it one day also.

Anonymous said...

I like your blog, keep us updated on all that is going on in Japan!