Sunday, November 30, 2008

Fantastic Mt. Fuji

Of the many things to do while in Japan, visiting Mt Fuji is usually tops of most people's list. In fact, a few of my co-woke rs here asked me if I wanted to join them in a climb of Mt Fuji a few days after I got here. I was torn...while I really appreciated their offer to include me in their fun, I knew that that this would be not a fun experience for me. I'm not the climbing type, I don't generally enjoy nature...and I would hate to have a safety scare so soon after arriving here in the country. So, I had to politely decline. I've been here for nearly three months, so another co-worker and I took a drive up to the area over our holiday weekend. What made me excited about THIS trip was the fact that (1) we wouldn't be climbing any mountains, (2) we could see the snow-covered Mt Fuji as opposed since it is the end of November and (3) our entire trip wouldn't be based on seeing the mountain. As much as I wanted to see Mt Fuji, I'd hoped to have something else to do. My friend and I visited a safari at Mt Fuji...this picture was taken in the parking lot of the safari...yeah!! So, in addition to marveling at the mountain in the distance we actually planned to do other things that day...love it!

No comments: