Sunday, February 8, 2009

Some Sumo




Although I live in a major sports city (go Steelers) I'm not much of a sports fan. I'm embarrassed to admit that I have never been to a pro football game or hockey game or baseball game...or really any of the big games that are so big in Pittsburgh. I often find it hard to watch games on tv, but in spite of these facts, I was really eager to go to watch Sumo while in Tokyo. As I imagined, the tradition and rituals surrounding the matches seemed as important as the actual match. Going to a match was pretty exciting, even for a non-sports fan. The size of the participants, the excitement in the crowd and the opportunity to watch big men in diapers was too hard to pass up. Tons (haha) of fun!!

1 comment:

cocoluvsjapan said...

I'm so happy you're having a great time here!! How do you keep your weave entact?! Especially with the humidity!