Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy Birthday, Tokyo Disney!!



This season marks the 25th anniversary of Disney in Tokyo...so it's one year younger than me...how exciting!! It's a really big attraction here, as in most places, so I wanted to make sure to visit before I leave Tokyo next week (time really flies when your having fun). To be honest, I really feel like Disney is best enjoyed with kids in tow or maybe as part of a romantic couple. It's definitely about the experience - about the sights and sounds as opposed to the exciting rides. With that understood, there are two opportunities for enjoying Disney in Tokyo...Disney Land or Disney Sea. Disney Land, as I've heard is more targeted towards children and the Disney Characters while Disney Land is the home of more of the exciting rides. I'm a rider, so it was an easy choice for me...Disney Sea. I had a great time in the Tower of Terror (2 times) and in the Journey to the Center of the Earth Ride. My friend and I discovered that we could basically eliminate the wait time by riding the roller coaster as single riders. By breezing by the lines that lasted for about two hours, we had the opportunity to ride the roller coaster 3 times in less the amount of time it took other riders to go on only once. The only downside was that we didn't get to ride together...but took our chances with random strangers. In the end, it was well worth it and we had a great time...definitely an option to consider for future amusement park visits.







No comments: