Monday, January 12, 2009

Give Me Some Tongue


During my trip to Kyoto I visited a few shrines and temples. Like many other temples, one I visited had a number of different food vendors to pacify the hungry traveler. The smells were temptings and the choices were quite varied - cotton candy, octopus balls, potatoes, sausages, and yakatori. For those who may not know, yakataori is skewered grilled meat and it is delicious... I've had it many times, and it's really hard to resist. There is often a choice of chicken, pork and beef at yakatori stands. At this stand, there was an an option of BEEF TONGUE as well. As I've stated before, I'm not at all squeamish about meat...so I purchased a stick. I had the option of having my tongue sweet or a bit salty...I choose to have it with a bit of salt and it was so good that I had to buy another skewer. Give me more tongue...yummy!!

No comments: