Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Making of a Geisha: Before and After


As I've hinted in earlier posts, seeing the geisha in Kyoto wasn't enough for me. I had to be made into one. I convinced my skeptical and initially unwilling friend (thanks, Sherry) to undergo the transformation with me... We settled in for about an hour of hair and makeup and getting dressed up in the many tight and uncomfortable layers that make up a kimono. Once our transformation was complete, we spent nearly an hour walking around an amusement park in Kyoto to the true amusement of the park-goers. Imagine their surprise when they saw a tall black girl dressed this week in speaking loudly in American English...surprise surprise...enjoy!!

2 comments:

cocoluvsjapan said...

That's so cool that you're working in Tokyo. How did you get that job? Usually it's tough for foreigners to get a business job in Japan maybe not Tokyo but anywhere else outside of Tokyo though. But that's so cool!

Mom said...

This had to be an exceptionally fun time and an experience that you will never forget. You and Sherry look maaahvelous!!