Monday, January 26, 2009

Onsen Adventures: Part 2







As you many of you recall, I had serious doubts about going to onsen while here in Japan. In spite of my love for hot tubbing, I was totally freaked out about public nudity. As my assignment nears an end (only a little over a month to go) I suddenly felt the desire to conquer my fears and go for it. After serious consideration, and the helpful advice of my Japanese tutor (thanks, Tomoko-san) and trusted colleague (Morimoto-san), I decided to go to Odaiba Onsen over the weekend. In addition to a sudden and unexpected burst of courage, I was also persuaded by the description of all the things to do at this onsen. In addition to the traditional onsen, there were also large foot onsens, massage areas, lots of places to eat, a relaxation room, sand baths...and the opportunity to walk around in a yukata all day and take lots of pictures. I knew this was the place for me, and I was not disappointed. Determined to make the most of it, I participated in the foot onsen, traditional onsen, foot bath, had a shiatsu massage, a sand bath, and even dipped my feet into a pool of little fish for dead skin removal. Along the way, I ate some moderately good fun and took a long nap in the relaxation room...bliss...I loved it. I would definitely recommend it, and for more information click on...http://www009.upp.so-net.ne.jp/enjoytokyo/area/ooedo.html


No comments: